As an early stage venture capital firm, Innovation Partners provides investment capital to fund "valley of death" activities, such as market and technology validation, in exchange for equity in portfolio companies. Additionally, Innovation Partners provides business development support to complement the research partners' scientific knowledge and to de-risk investments in order to generate above-market returns.
By facilitating partnerships in universities and industry, the Technology Transfer Office at South Dakota State University drives science and technology-based economic development.
TTO functions include:
• assisting in forming collaboration between universities and industry partners
• evaluating commercial potential of intellectual properties
• protecting intellectual properties
• commercializing intellectual properties with industry partners
• providing equitable financial benefit to inventors and SDSU
Fall 2011 enrollment topped 12,583 at South Dakota State University, South Dakota’s largest university. Located right in Brookings, SDSU is the state’s land grant university offering bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees in 175 fields of study through eight colleges and the Graduate School:
• College of Agriculture and Biological Sciences
• College of Arts and Sciences
• College of Education and Human Sciences
• College of Engineering
• University College
• College of Nursing
• College of Pharmacy
• Honors College
• Graduate School
The Research Park at SDSU features:
• over one million square feet of first-class office space, laboratories, conference rooms, and
• flexible space in a professionally landscaped and designed environment
• a conduit for public private partnerships
• a place where people and ideas come together to combine the experience of university, business,
industry, and government
• an environment that uses innovation and critical thinking to generate new ideas and promote
research, discovery, and technological advancements
The Research Park at SDSU is home to expanded university research, entrepreneurialism, incubation, research, and business mentoring - providing opportunities to facilitate business growth and success.
The Enterprise Institute provides customized assistance to inventors, researchers, entrepreneurs, and investors throughout South Dakota and the region, helping them find the path to commercialize innovation.